Images from the City College Photographic Collection. It includes eight images from the collection. These images bring together photographs documenting the exterior and interior of the Free Academy building, including classrooms and laboratories, to portray the physical learning environment of the Free Academy. Also included are images of student inscriptions on classroom blackboards, tracing the names and dates of individual students in the early years of this academic institution. This is a black and white image of the exterior of the Free Academy Building (1847-1926) located 23rd Street and Lexington Avenue. Reverse caption reads "The Old College. The Free Academy. The original building of the College erected by the City of New York in 1848 from plans by James Renwick. It was demolished in 1927 to make room for the Baruch School of Business. Image transferred from Dean Gottschall‰Ûªs Office [to City College Archives] June 1962‰Û. Source size: 8 x 9 9/16 inches or 19.7 x 24.5mm.
City College Libraries, "[The Free Academy Building 1847-1926]." (1847). CUNY Academic Works.