Financial report from the 1900-1901 school year of the New York Trade School. This collection consists of annual financial reports from the early years of the school's operation. The reports are available from 1895-1896 to 1914-1915 with some exceptions. The New York Trade School was founded in 1891 by Richard Tylden Auchmuty. In 1882, J. Pierpont Morgan contributed a significant endowment to the school and that same year the school was granted a charter by the University of the State of New York to operate as a technical school. To keep pace with technological changes following World War II, the school sought to become a technical institute. In 1961, the school's charter was amended to reflect this and the New York Trade School was renamed the Vorhees Technical Institute after the leading industrialist Enders M. Vorhees. Despite the change, the school ran into financial difficulties a result of rising costs by declining enrollments. By 1971 it was decided that the New York City College of Technology should take over the school. The resulting merger is how City Tech acquired this collection.
New York Trade School, "Accounts of the New York Trade School for the Season of 1900-1901" (1901). CUNY Academic Works.