Open Educational Resources
This open pedagogy assignment is a semester-long project for an introductory general biology course for biology majors. Working in pairs or small groups, students will make a 3 to 5 minute video explaining concepts from the course learning objectives. Students will apply a creative commons license and publish their videos on CUNY Academic Works (or another appropriate platform), where they will be available to future introductory biology students as learning resources.
At the end of this project, students will be able to do the following:
- Effectively teach a concept from the course to a general audience
- Identify and correctly cite appropriate sources for a scientific presentation (both text and images), including at least one primary source
- Work collaboratively with peers to create something more than an individual could on their own
- Incorporate your unique perspective and relate your background to the course topics
- Provide constructive feedback to peers
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 License.