Transitioning from OPAC to Primo is an extra challenge when the catalog is full of e-books and e-resources which date from before Primo. When you're part of a large consortium and there are multiple copies of those e-resource records in the catalog, the problem is compounded.
This presentation explains, for catalogers, the strategies used at CUNY to improve e-resource results in Primo (while keeping OPAC fans happy a little longer).
* The Primo record: Aleph vs PCI
* Will an Aleph record get a View Online tab?
* Conditional proxying of 856 links in Primo
* Broken links in the 856 field: GUI and batch solutions
* Duplicate e-resource suppression: Which record, PCI, Aleph, both?
* In PCI, not in PCI: Getting availability right
Presented at a LACUNY Cataloging Roundtable meeting.
Kolarik, Joan, "OneSearch & Electronic Resources @ CUNY" (2015). CUNY Academic Works.