Book Chapter or Section
Podcasting: A Practical Guide guides librarians through the process of creating a podcast. It will help librarians digitally record their podcasts, which can highlight library collections, connect with patrons, provide library instruction, and market library services across the Internet.
- Step-by-step guidance for how to record a podcast specifically tailored for libraries and librarians.
- Specifications on what kind of equipment, software, and hardware, is necessary to record their own episodes.
- Pre-production techniques including script writing, storyboard creation, and how to find guests will be explored.
- Coverage of the post-production stage including, audio editing, incorporating music and effects, and mixing episodes down for distribution, will be explored.
- Resources for help with on marketing the podcast, using freely available and Creative Commons media to enhance episodes, privacy issues related to the medium, and making content accessible.