Lecture or Presentation
Understanding the importance of New America's commitment to strengthening the outcomes of non-profits and the public sector. We at QCC's Engineering Technology (ET) Department are dedicated to contributing to the nationwide efforts underway by Universities to establish Public-Interest-in-Technology curriculums. Technology impacts our every day lives like never before and it is time to augment the technologists' and engineers' education with curriculum components to enhance their ability to serve the good of society by:
- Teaching students to leverage 3D printing, Open Source Coding, Project Management and Engineering Ethics for the good of society.
- Exposing ET students to put into practice the design tenant of "public good" as a top priority along with their design priorities.
- Understanding the benefits of working in a public sector with meaningful class exercises.
- Creating measured outcomes of assessment, exercises, laboratories, and field visits.
- Using practical rules and processors of engaging and collaborating with local community and municipalities, relevant to the technology course topics.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 License.
Wu, Huixin; Lam, Raymond; and Stroumbakis, Dimitrios, "Engineering and Technology for the Better Good of Society, PIT-OER" (2020). CUNY Academic Works.