In this column, I give a brief overview of five ways that libraries can be incorporated into a learning management system (LMS), ordered from easiest to most difficult to scale, or in other words, least to most personal:
- Insert the library in the LMS template
- Offer embeddable LibGuides to faculty
- Create a collection of graded modules for faculty use
- Create an online library mini-course
- Embed a librarian in a course
Davis, R. “The LMS and the Library (Internet Connection Column).” Behavioral & Social Sciences Librarian (2018). Web. doi: 10.1080/01639269.2017.1387740.